TORONTO, Aug. 02, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Xanadu Mines Ltd (ASX: XAM, TSX: XAM) (Xanadu or the Company) is pleased to update the market on its on-going metallurgical test program at the Kharmagtai Copper-Gold Project in the South Gobi region of Mongolia.
- Preliminary metallurgical test work completed on partially oxidised material from surface to 30 metres depth.
- Glycine and cyanide leach tests delivered metallurgical recoveries of up to 91% gold and 46% copper, with head grades ranging between 0.52 g/t to 2.25 g/t Au and 0.12% to 0.67% Cu.
- All partially oxidised material leached readily at a coarse P80 > 2mm particle size, indicating the potential for a heap leach treatment.
- Indicates a potential treatment path for approx. 90 million tonnes (Mt) of oxidised material treated as waste in the Scoping Study1 due to low flotation recovery.
- First step in evaluating a material uplift opportunity identified in the Scoping Study, to…